Collection: Instructions Countertop CT
COUNTER TOP WATER FILTER
Insert the spout carefully into the spout elbow fitting - both o-rings should seat down into the fitting. Remove the bubbler screen (aerator) from the end of your faucet and replace it with the diverter valve. The diverter valve has a rotating collar for ease of installation. Note the type of threads your faucet has - if it has threads on the OUTSIDE, the diverter should screw right on; if it has threads on the INSIDE, you must use the enclosed adapter ring and gasket. We’ve also included an adapter for those faucets with smaller outside threads than our diverter. Place the filter unit in a convenient location with the spout positioned over you sink. The spout is designed to swivel. Turn on your cold water and divert the water through the filter by pulling out on the knob on the diverter valve. Water pressure should hold it in the out position. Allow it to run for several minutes to flush out the normal carbon fines (blackish specs). Initially, the water may contain tiny air bubbles and taste slightly sweet - this is normal and harmless, and will clear up after flushing. To stop the flow, simply turn off the cold water at your faucet - the diverter valve knob will return automatically.
IMPORTANT OPERATING NOTES
1. After an extended period of inactivity, allow water to run through the filter for several minutes before drinking. Otherwise, the taste may be bitter due to excess zinc oxide (which prevents bacterial growth and is harmless to drink).
2. It is important to maintain water in the filter at all times - the KDF media may solidify if the water is drained from the unit.
3. Recommended flow rate is one gallon per minute or less. Operating at higher flow rates will not necessarily damage the unit but will reduce the contaminant removal efficiency.
4. Maximum water pressure is 100 PSI. Maximum operating temperature is 110° F. Protect from freezing.
5. Your countertop water filter can be later converted for under counter use by purchasing our faucet conversion kit, part number “FK”.
6. Certain water conditions (high chlorine, hard water) may cause the o-rings and/or return spring in you diverter valve to deteriorate. You can try putting a few drops of mineral oil down the top port of the diverter and working the plunger in and out to coat it. We also offer a repair kit that contains these parts for $2.00. Order part no. DV-RK.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN TO REPLACE MY FILTER CARTRIDGE?
In virtually all cases, the taste and odor of chlorine will return to municipal water when the cartridge has lost its effectiveness. The enclosed test strips (3) can be used to confirm the presence of chlorine. Collect some filtered water into a cup. Dip the test strip into the water sample with a constant gentle back and forth motion for 10 seconds. Immediately note the color change: the pad on the end will turn blue with the presence of free chlorine, the pad nearest the handle will turn green with the presence of total chlorine (chloramines). IMPORTANT: Assess the color within 10 seconds after dipping the strip - the pads become unstable after that and will give a false reading. Additional test strips are available from Crystal Clear (3 for $1.00). While our cartridge has been tested to effectively remove chlorine from over 12,000 gallon of water, the type and concentration of other contaminants varies widely throughout the country. Therefore, to assure maximum effectiveness and the best possible water quality, it is suggested that the cartridge be replaced at least every three years.
Housing: Five years full replacement. Cartridge: Three years prorated at $1.65 per month of usage.
This warranty does not cover damage due to abuse, neglect, freezing, fire or other fortuitous event. No allowance is made for the consequential damage, labor or expense incurred as a result of a proven defect.
Our units are not warranted against sediment clogging. If you use a private well, or are in an area where there is a high level of sediment, silt, sand, rust, or other undissolved solids, a sediment prefilter screen (available from Crystal Clear) is available. Order part number CFA. If the flow rate is significantly reduced, clogging is most likely the cause. You can try to back-flush the unit by reversing the fittings on the housing to temporarily reverse the water flow.
RETURN PROCEDURE - Units returned under warranty must be shipped POSTPAID to Crystal Clear Supply call for details, A photocopy of your sales receipt MUST be enclosed with the unit. A new unit will then be sent.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection