Certain areas of the country have a high mineral content in their water. When the concentration of these dissolved solids get above 250 mg/l (ppm), the water can take on a bitter taste. Since ordinary filters do not remove minerals from the water, a Reverse Osmosis system is recommended. Reverse Osmosis is a process of forcing tap water through a semi-permeable membrane, leaving dissolved solids and other impurities behind. These impurities are rinsed away, resulting in clean, clear, great tasting water. This same process is used by many of the bottled water companies. Anything made with reverse osmosis water tastes better: coffee, juices, soups, pasta. Ice cubes are clearer and harder and free of "funny taste". If you are unsure of your water's mineral content (hardness), call your local water department.
Why Do You Need A High Production Membrane? While most reverse osmosis systems use a 18 or 35 gallon per day membrane, we use a 75 gallons per day 100 gallons or 150 gallons per day. Why? While 18 gallons per day sounds like plenty of water, it's the production time you need to consider: it takes the 18 gallon per day (gpd) membrane close to 2 hours to make one gallon of water, while it takes our 75 gpd membrane about 20 minutes to make one gallon (at 60 psi), the 100 gpd membrane 15 minutes and 150 gpd membrane only 10 minutes! Most storage tanks only hold about 3 gallons of water, so you can see that during heavy use times (guest) you could be out of water for some time with a slow membrane!
Our Reverse Osmosis System installs easily under the sink, they connect to the cold water line with an "EZ faucet connector" and dispense water through an attractive LEAD-FREE* solid brass faucet. Quick-connect fittings make for fast, easy installation. A 1/2" hole is all that is needed for the faucet stud (all series), but a cover plate is included to accommodate larger pre-drilled holes (such as a vegetable sprayer hole).
* - Complies with NSF-61 and California Prop. 65 standards
Now 5 year warranty on hardware.
Includes STANDARD lead free faucet (pictured on top) is chrome with Black plastic tip and handle. It is 8.75" tall and has a swivel spout with a reach of 5.5".
Space requirements: Main unit is 18" tall x 10" wide x 6" deep, metal storage tank is 11" dia. x 16" tall.
Click here for Reverse Osmosis membrane test data.
Notice: consumer is responsible for following any state and/or local regulations and plumbing codes pertinent to the purchase, installation and operation of our products.
SUPER-CHARGE YOUR RO SYSTEM!
Add the Auqatec Permeate Pump to your RO for increased performance. This non-electric device improves water quality, reduces waste water, fills tank faster and more completely, and provides greater tank pressure. Includes specially matched auto-shut-off valve that shuts tank off at 90% of line pressure to replace standard 65% ASO valve. Order it with our reverse osmosis system above and we will install it on your unit! Only $99.00 Order Above
Click here for information on our TDS meter (checks membrane performance).
Replacement Membrane 75 GPD (every 3 years) $76.95
Replacement Membrane 100 GPD (every 3 years) $84.95
Replacement Membrane 150 GPD (every 3 years) $94.00
Reverse osmosis systems are not created equal - here’s what makes our 4-stage system a great choice:
- 75, 100 or 150 gallon per day high quality TFC Membrane (NSF 58 certified) - for fast recovery time and high removal rates (20 min. for 1 gallon @ 96% for 75 gpd, 10 min. per gallon @ 93% for 150 gpd).
- 1 micron sediment prefilter (NSF listed) - removes sediment, rust, silt. Most competitors use a 5 micron.
- High performance KDF/GAC prefilter - removes chlorine, bad tastes and chemicals, provides high capacity (10,000 gallons) that eliminates the need for extra carbon filter stage. The KDF® also helps protect the membrane from bacterial contamination and degradation.
- Coconut shell granular activated carbon post filter (NSF listed) - final polisher.
- NSF listed metal storage tank.
- Automatic shut-off - shuts off water when tank is full, saving water.
- Long reach LEAD-FREE chrome-plated brass faucet with stainless steel valve (complies with NSF-61 and California Prop. 65 standard).
- EZ Feed Connector instead of typical saddle valve - improved flow, no permanent line damage.
- John Guest NSF certified quick-connect fittings make installation a snap, rated at 150 psi at 70°.
- John Guest NSF certified polyethylene tubing - rated at 230 psi at 70°.
- Quick-connect tee fitting included to connect refrigerator ice-maker.
- All components and accessories are included for quick and easy installation.